[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 16 14:27:27 PDT 2008

Ed Gould wrote:

>I hate to be the bearer of news but I had a small IPOD (sorry don't
>remember what model) but I don't have a clue on how to use it. I
>tried to figure it out and gave up. I ended up giving it away to a
>friend who helped me buy my G5 as a thank you gift. But IIRC
>(questionable here) it did not come with instructions (bought
>directly from Apple) I gave up trying to even turn it on. (no on/off
>switch) . At least he is happy with it.

Ed, you have told us  in the past about your problems these days with
learning and remembering things. So I write with the the kindliest
intentions. I just want to suggest that millions of people use iPods
without any problem at all. And there is a real market demand for a
small, portable computer where someone can do internet, email, work
on a PowerPoint presentation, write a document, do a little research,
generate some graphs, and so on, without requiring a CD drive or a
printer. It's not just for rich CEOs - it's for lots of executives,
managers, IT people, training developers who have to visit engineers,
labs, and so on - and gather data for later massaging. In fact, I
could go on and on. The lightness, unobtrusiveness, portability, and
instant availability of the MacBook Air make it very desirable to
lots of people.

It is getting to be a pain to see you criticizing people's choice of
tools when the criticism is based only on your own experience and
limitations.

Daly