[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 16:28:59 PDT 2008

Hi Tim,

Those people will be just fine without buying a new TV.  If they're on
cable, then no difference.  If they're on over-the-air broadcasts,
then they'll just need a set-top box to receive the signal on their
1982 Zenith Color TV :-)

After hearing my wife curse over and over last night about trying to
watch the Tonys on our Cox digital cable, I can attest that I have
seen MUCH more signal issues with digital TV than I ever did with
regular analog.  No, I couldn't watch an HDTV channel with analog.
But on our Cox cable in the periphery of their coverage area, we get a
lot of digital artifacts/garbled audio/frozen video for a half a
second or so.  I wonder why our digital TV doesn't buffer the signal
until it's "perfect" before showing it to our screen?  I never get
digital artifacts with HULU.com

Which brings us back to the original issue of technological progress:
if it works great for you, then no reason to upgrade :-)

Michael