[X4U] "Backwards Compatibility"

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Jun 19 09:15:05 PDT 2008

At 6:38 AM -0500 6/19/08, Linda wrote:
>On 6/19/08 2:21 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>  would you purchase a
>>  commercially produced (ideally by Apple) emulator that would let you
>>  continue to run that program?  Specifically an emulator which fit in
>>  with a modern Intel based Mac running 10.5 at least as well as
>>  Virtual PC did?  I know I would.
>
>Yes. I would. I hope they keep improving SheepShaver...

I would love to see a commercial and supported version of
SheepShaver.  Yes, I realize it used to be a commercial product on
BeOS, and I believe its predecessor was a commercial application
running on the Amiga.

One would think there are enough of us out there that such a product
would be commercially viable.

As it stands, I plan on moving ClarisDraw and 6 or 7 other apps that
don't have modern equivalents to SheepShaver once I feel 10.5 is
stable enough.  Three of the apps I wrote myself back in the System
7.5 days, and couldn't port to Mac OS X without massive rewrites
(which I don't have time to do), one of these hasn't run right since
Mac OS 8 was released.

Zane