[X4U] Hard Drive Recovery Service Needed

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Jun 21 03:50:14 PDT 2008

On Jun 21, 2008, at 3:17 AM, Ronald Steinke wrote:

> Randy,
>
> Aren't you being a bit rough on DriveSavers without presenting
> facts to us? You have made a statement that lacks proof and is a
> supposition on your part.

No, I don't work that way.  No supposition is involved.

> How do you know for a fact that they will do as you describe? Has
> it actually happened to you or a person you know personally?

This was a first-hand experience.  They quoted a ridiculous price for
a run of the mill recovery of a failed hard drive, they stated that
they don't recover applications, and that they only recover the file
types that are agreed on.  I find this to be outrageous.  Other
recovery services will simply give you a new hard drive with *all* of
your data from the deceased drive on it.  And they will charge less too.

> Perhaps you have done them a disservice?

Nope.  Unless for some reason that I can't imagine they treated me
differently than they do everyone else.

If you want to be raped by them, then by all means have them do your
recovery work.  Please let us know how it felt afterwards.

As I said previously, at this point in time, there are plenty of
other respected recovery services that do a great job, cost far less,
and are quite a bit more accommodating to their customers.   I'd go
with one of them.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html