[X4U] hp 4600c scanjet scanner with Tiger Intel machine

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Tue Mar 4 19:21:20 PST 2008

Hi all.

I'm trying to help somebody set up an hp 4600c scanjet scanner (apparently may be a scanner/printer); I'm doing it by phone and email so am not seeing the person's equipment but she is using an Intel macbook running Tiger. we were able to find the hp driver for the scanner. However, this scanner apparently uses a parallel connection so a usb-parallel cable must be used. Does anybody know whether this scanner will work with a usb-parallel cable on the mac and if so, is a driver needed for the cable. My only experience is with usb-serial cables, and these do need drivers. Also, I was not able to establish whether or not the hp driver was ppc only or works with intel though it at least appeared to install successfully.

If anybody knows anything about the use of this scanner with the Mac, your input would be appreciated.

Tia.

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."