[X4U] MacBook Pro/Time Capsule

Konrad Waibel overloadinfo at charter.net
Thu Mar 6 13:56:39 PST 2008

My new MacBook Pro 2.5 GH and the Time Capsule 500GB are now up and
running.  Small issue getting the TC connecting to the MBP so I
called Apple, tech rep got me sorted out, did my first Time Machine
run this morning.  I migrated only a few files from the old iMac to
the MBP so I decided to let the backup proceed using wireless, 18GB
took two hours, and for now I've decided to turn off the auto backup
feature, don't need hourly backups.

General Comments:
the TC smells unlike any other new electronic product I've ever
owned.  Not sure if it comes from inside or from the cover, I do know
I'm keeping the house ventilated

the MBP case on the outside is warm but not hot IMO [I handled
earlier MBP versions in an Apple Store, they were hot when I touched
them] ,based on picking it up after 2.5 hours continuous running on
electric power backing up to TC

the TC runs very warm IMO, the top and bottom so much so that I
placed it so air easily flows around the sides and top

the Multi-Touch is a nice feature, the pinch-spread is especially
useful surfing because I can quickly enlarge text

the M-T will take some attention using it, it is almost too sensitive
for me at times, but I'm learning.

Regards, Konrad.