[X4U] Can't verify disk from boot volume.

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sat Mar 15 11:00:19 PDT 2008

On 3/15/08 10:57 AM, Robert A. (Bob) Hall wrote:

> I can't Verify my boot Volume using Disk Utility while on the boot
> volume. The Verify button remains grayed out. This remains even after
> I have repaired the boot Volume with both Disk Warrior and Disk
> Utility on my external FireWire and the appear ok after the repair.
> My OS is version 10.4.11.
>
> Can anyone tell me what the problem might be.

That's how it is supposed to work. You can't Repair or Verify the disk from
which you are booted. To Repair or Verify the normal boot disk, you have to
boot from a different disk -- an external hard disk, or a disc such as your
Mac OS install disc.

~Linda
--
Recently released: _This Water Goes North_ by Dennis Weidemann.
Hardcover, nonfiction. 240 pages + 16-page color photo insert.