[X4U] Where dedicated GPU shines

n netkat at comcast.net
Mon Mar 17 04:02:52 PDT 2008

Is gaming really the main place where the dedicated GPU of the MacBook
Pro shines, or is it in any area related to screen re-draw?

I've been reading comparisons of MacBook Pro versus MacBook, and while
I expected the "Pro" model to be dramatically faster, it really isn't.
The articles' main comment is something like "the main difference is
that the MBPro has the dedicated GPU." Examples given of where this is
key is in gaming.

Which is great to know, except that I'm not a gamer...

"Damnit, Jim! I'm an artist, not a gamer!!'

thanks!