[X4U] Back up ideas/suggestions needed....

Dave B DaveB_Lists_1004 at gto.net
Mon Mar 17 07:46:36 PDT 2008

Ed,

Do you carry a cell phone with you? And remember it? If so, you could
check to see if your phone (or purchase a phone) is supported by iSync
and simply sync your iCal events to the phone. If you don't carry a
cell phone, then a cheap PDA like an older Palm Tungsten or Zire
bought from a local pawn shop or eBay might be the next best answer.

Either way, you'd have your iCal alarms with you all the time, as well
as important information such as names and numbers of doctors, family
members, etc. A simple note on the PDA listing your medical history
and all you medications could be a life saver. Emergency workers are
trained to look for and check cell phones and PDA's. While electronics
will never replace a medic-alert bracelet, they can provide lots of
relevant information quickly.

HTH,
Dave

--
Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that