[X4U] Advice sought on a Mac book for an elderly beginner-level user.

Jamie Kahn Genet lists at wizardling.geek.nz
Thu May 1 04:53:59 PDT 2008

Hi there, I'm after a Mac for beginners book for an elderly family
member who has never learnt the basics - e.g. creating folders and
organising files, navigating the Finder and save/open dialogs.

They can browse the web (they bookmark, but every single bookmark is
stored in the same long list), email (but everything is stored in their
inbox), and word process, but nothing beyond the bare minimum they've
ever needed to know.

Can anyone recommend a good book with examples that they can work
through to teach them these missing basics? I bought them 'OSX Tiger The
Missing Manual' when they first got their Mac mini, but it seems a tad
too dense for them.

TIA,
 Jamie Kahn Genet