[X4U] Encrypting email addresses

Allan Rube¹ allan at nhbungalow.com
Fri May 2 07:00:15 PDT 2008

I get a lot of spam - good part must be from harvesting address from my web
pages.
I thought I would change one address I use for customer information to a new
one and use a program like Spam Vaccine to encrypt the address. This works
fine on my html pages (spam vaccine puts a script in the header) but will
not work on .js pages.

An example is shown here:

http://www.nhbungalow.com/galleries/Loons/index.html

The words Loon seem down to the email address are called from this file
through javascript

// keep this line
document.write("<div class='intro'>")

// start your text here
// Note: If you need to write a " within the text then use \"
document.write("<font size=3>Loons seem interested in people as they often
come right up to my kayak. They spend a good part of the year in lakes and
then head to the ocean when the lakes freeze. While graceful in the water
and in the air, loons find it hard to get air-born. They need quite a bit of
document.write("For further information or to use photos for publication
purposes, contact me at: <a
href='mailto:photos at nhbungalow.com'>photos at nhbungalow.com</a> -- Allan")

// keep this line
document.write("</div>")

There is no header in this file so SpamVaccine will not work.
Any ideas how I can add an address that is clickable but not harvestable? My
only thoughts now are nonclickable jpeg with my addess or writing it as
photos(at)nhbungalow(dot)com.

Allan
Nashua, New Hampshire
allanrube.com (new)