[X4U] Migration question - new question/problem

J Vansickle gmajudi at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:04:47 PDT 2008

Christopher

Thank you!  I forgot about ccc, which I have used for years for simple
backups (I hate chemo brain). I already did a clean install on the ibookg4
from the original disks (w/updates), but in the process of looking for my
spare firewire cable I found that I do have a stand alone copy of Tiger, so
I will start over. i have gone over the ccc help and think I can do what I
want without messing anything up but I am not sure. Can I use my iMac, that
has two firewire ports, as an intermediary so I can use ccc from there? Can
I connect both ibooks by firewire and start the g3 ibook in target disk mode
(it has no video) or would I need to start both ibooks in target disk mode?

Once I have tiger on the G4 ibook migration assistant is an option, just
using the two ibooks, but time will be an issue since one of the power
adapters went out last night. This is what I have availabe to use

iMac G5 w/ 150 GB of free space and two firewire ports and ccc installed
iBook G4 w/ original install disks
iBook G3 w/o disks and no video (dead logic board, I assume)
100 GB external fire wire drive
Panther full install disks
Tiger full install disks

Sad to say maybe I am overthinking this and missing the obvious.
Thanks again

Judi V