[X4U] Advice sought on a Mac book for an elderly beginner-level user.

Ed Graf edgraf at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 15:58:25 PDT 2008

On May 2, 2008, at 3:30 PM, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Sorry to vent, but I feel your woe. She loves her computer, an
> indigo iMac
> her son gave her. I sometimes wonder that, like the iPod, it might
> have been
> more kind _not_ to have given it to her.

I must say, it appears to be more complicated than depicted.

My mom bought her own iMac, set it up, but then "needed me" constantly
to copy/paste.  Got her organized on Quicken but she could barely (her
words) set up an organizational mode to storage.  Ended up driving to
her house much more than normal (than I really had time for - I
thought).

After she past, following my dad, and as a part of deconstructing her
estate, I found that she was operating five email lists and managed
her own web-site, all on the iMac.

It took me until then, after she left, to realize all she wanted was
to see me.

Sometimes I can be such a moron.