[X4U] Advice sought on a Mac book for an elderly beginner-level user.

Jamie Kahn Genet lists at wizardling.geek.nz
Fri May 2 17:03:35 PDT 2008

Heh, well I'm damn certain that's not the case here. I'm the admin
user on the Mac in question and know exactly what's going on there.
That said I'd LOVE to cede admin access, but it's just too dangerous
in the hands of someone who randomly tries things like setting prefs,
forgets she ever did that or fails to connect her actions with the
sudden change in her workspace. It makes me almost want to use the
parental controls on these elderly Mac user's accounts ( if it
wouldn't create more troubles than it solves in these cases)...

What was that simple Apple UI for kids that locked the user out of the
Classic OS? It replaced icons with giant one-click-to-open buttons and
you could select what programs the user had access to. That's what I
think I need for OSX! :-D

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet