[X4U] Mozy backup service referrals seem a nifty idea

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Sun May 4 07:30:34 PDT 2008

On 5/3/08 10:21 PM, Ronald Steinke wrote:

> This, of course, is considering that you can get your computer started
> and get to the internet in spite of all the damage caused by Mother
> Nature and her offspring (earthquakes, floods, fires, landslides, etc).

I guess you miss the point of the offsite backup. With any offsite backup
(not necessarily just this product), you could borrow a friend's computer,
log on at the library, rent a half hour at your local FedExKinko's®, etc.,
to access your data. You could fly halfway around the world and access your
data from a total stranger's computer.

Your data isn't tied to your computer or your home/office. *That* was my
point.