[X4U] Mozy backup service referrals seem a nifty idea

Jamie Kahn Genet lists at wizardling.geek.nz
Sat May 3 06:39:53 PDT 2008

A couple reasons - most importantly being that TM can only backup to a
local HD  which won't help you much if your house burns down. Sure,
you could use Apple's Backup app (or something more advanced) to burn
a stack of CD-Rs, but it's hardly convenient or economical to do that
every couple days and store them offsite.

I'm not sure why you think online backup like Mozy is 'crap', but I
wish you the best of luck with your own backup strategy. Me? I'll keep
using a combination of Time Machine, SuperDuper and online backup so
my most important data - the stuff I can't afford to lose in a
disaster - is backed up offsite.

So far Mozy seems to be doing it's job, but it remains to be seen
whether it will replace my current offsite backup plan. I tried
restoring a couple files earlier on and it worked, so that's a good
sign.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet