[X4U] Mozy backup service referrals seem a nifty idea

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Sat May 3 14:03:20 PDT 2008

I created a free account to test this out . . .downloaded the app and
installed it on my G4 running 10.4.11. This is my file server at home;
I was going to backup a couple of directories to see (like Jamie) how
this worked.

I even tried rebooting the G4; but when I launch Mozy I get the same
results every time. The config window comes up with the preconfigured
Backup jobs and the 'calculating size' animated icons at the right end
twirl away . . .after about 30 seconds or so the application is "not
responding" and must be force quit.

If I select the Files and Folder option within the first couple of
seconds . . . I get the File/Folder selection screen. Selecting a
folder and clicking the 'backup xxx' button gives me the green check
mark next to all the files in the folder . . .but clicking OK gives me
a dialog that asks if I want to quit without saving anything. Clicking
Yes gets me into the application hung mode again (requiring a force
quit) clicking No takes me back to the File/Folder selection dialog
with the green checkmarks.

The file server logs in automatically with an admin account so that's
not it.

Shrug . . . dunno what the problem is.