[X4U] Mozy backup service referrals seem a nifty idea

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun May 4 11:13:37 PDT 2008

Jamie Kahn Genet

>Well, Mozy has unlimited backup for only $4.95 per month and CrashPlan
><http://www.crashplan.com> which I'm also looking at allows you to
>backup to a friend's computer (or your work Mac/PC/Linux computer for
>example) across the 'net and vice versa. CrashPlan also offer online
>backup, but hey - if you've a reliable friend why not do it for free
>(in terms of ongoing costs)? That also removes any worry you might
>have over the company going out of business.

I would like to hear from someone who is actually doing that. In my
own case, transferring files over our local network is slow enough
that I can't even imagine trying to regularly back up over the net to
a remote computer. I would think that the effort would pretty much
keep my computer busy a great deal of the time. But I've never seen
it in action, so would love to hear someone else's experience with it.

I assume you would just back up your Documents folder that way, or
something like that?

Daly