[X4U] world adapter kit

Thomas W Noel tnoel at mac.com
Wed May 7 21:59:09 PDT 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 8:43 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> On May 7, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Robert wrote:
>
>> http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=MTM5NDU&nplm=M8794G/B
>>
>> What would be nice is if the adapters where numbered and there was
>> a list of countries with a corresponding number so you knew that
>> you had the right adapter for the country that you were going to.
>> Hope this helps.  Bob
>
> Bob:
>
> Thanks a lot. Now if only Apple could get it right:( The reviews
> make me wonder ... Maybe I am off but (maybe its me) but an adapter
> kit should come with a power converter as well, no? Many many years
> ago I spent 2 years in Germany and the kits that I bought came with
> a converter as well as a plug converter. I don't know how many
> different power types that are out there maybe too many. But it
> would be nice to standardize. This power situation is starting to
> sound like MS there are standards but MS is large enough to thumb
> their nose at everyone and develope their own (which they don't
> stand by).
>
> sigh.
>
> Ed

There are two issues here. There are only 4 permutations of power
worldwide. 220 or 110 volt, and 50 or 60 Hz. All the rest is matching
the power plug configuration. Nearly all computers, as well as many
other consumer devices have universal power supplies that can happily
accept any of the power "flavors" and just need the correct plug
adapter. That is why Apple sells only the plugs in the world kit.

Tom