[X4U] Text to speech question

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 7 14:11:48 PST 2008

On 7  November2008, at 12:27 PM, revDAVE wrote:

>> The
>> computer kept reading her essay even though Word was closed.

	When you're using text to speech, you're not actually using Word
anymore.  You using Text to Speech.  Therefore, closing Word won't do
the trick.

	When you want to stop the speaking, the same shortcut key that
starts the speaking will stop it.  On my computer that's control+s.
If you used a menu command, there is another menu command next to it
to stop the speaking.

	This feature is quite useful for proofreading.  Hearing the computer
speak text helps me catch mistakes I miss when reading it.

									Peter