[X4U] Finder Question

Glen McKnight glen.mcknight at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 07:11:10 PST 2008

On 18 Nov 2008, at 05:13, Ed Gould wrote:

On Nov 17, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Linda wrote:

> On 11/17/08 3:40 PM, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> When I use the finder it lists the
>> files that I am looking for perfectly fine
>
> Are you opening windows in the Finder? Or are you using Command F to
> Find
> files in the Finder? Or are you using Spotlight up in the top right
> corner
> of your screen to find the files?

I am using the finder "button" at the to right of the screen.

What column view option?all I see is spotlight preferences . This is
most frustrating as it has rarely been for an issue but this time 30
files scattered all over the place is bad news. I think I have fond
the items manually opening up 100 folders but as I said manually doing
this is a PITA.

Ed

Hello Ed

You are using spotlight, after typing in your search and the list
appears the first item (at the top) is show all, when you click on
this it will open another window in list view, select the file you are
looking for with a single click, in the bottom of this window is the
location of the file you are looking for.

Have Fun

Glen