[X4U] Finder Question

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 12:41:47 PST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Linda wrote:

>> If you don't want to solve the problem, don't ask for help.
>
> Ouch. That's very harsh.

Not in my opinion.

If help is desired, then at least read or listen to the suggestions
and not put objections or conditions on what will be heeded. If there
are outstanding circumstances that need to be considered, have the
foresight to list them along with the request for assistance.

It is extremely disconcerting to attempt to fix problems for other
people when they do not give enough important information to explain
their situation clearly and then raise objections when suggestions for
help are given.

I don't mind helping people learn more about operating their Macs, but
I dislike it when they won't listen at all and only raise objections
without explanations when answers are provided to them.

End of rant.

Each of us operates our Macs in differing manners, but there are some
operations that are common to all of us. It is a lack of information
and education about the operations that causes most problems and I
believe that Apple should provide a better operating manual with their
computers to help avoid problems.

End of second rant.