[X4U] Finder Question

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Wed Nov 19 14:36:47 PST 2008

This makes no sense at all. If you are going to delete a file, then
you need the folder open to be able to delete it. If I do a search in
spotlight, I then click on the right file and a finder window opens in
the right folder so I can work with the file. Then I close the finder
window. Job Done.

Why would you want it to work any other way?

Also the Path Bar on a Finder window is a "Switch On" option. Make
sure you are in the Finder with "Finder" listed in the Menu Bar, click
on "View" then "Show Path Bar". Then it will show up in all Finder
windows. People that automatically turn it on when they reformat
forget that some of these options are switched OFF by default.

cjc