[X4U] Finder Question

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 22:28:47 PST 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 4:36 PM, Christopher Collins wrote:

> This makes no sense at all. If you are going to delete a file, then
> you need the folder open to be able to delete it. If I do a search
> in spotlight, I then click on the right file and a finder window
> opens in the right folder so I can work with the file. Then I close
> the finder window. Job Done.
>
> Why would you want it to work any other way?
>
> Also the Path Bar on a Finder window is a "Switch On" option. Make
> sure you are in the Finder with "Finder" listed in the Menu Bar,
> click on "View" then "Show Path Bar". Then it will show up in all
> Finder windows. People that automatically turn it on when they
> reformat forget that some of these options are switched OFF by
> default.
>
> cjc

What you may have missed (the original problem) was there wasn't just
1 file it was over 20 files scattered throughout MANY MANY folders. I
needed to find all the files. While spotlight seems to *SOMETIMES*
highlight in yellow the path to the file it does not seem to do this
all the time. I am just looking for a way to get the files out of the
folders and into another folder so I can go through them manually
(with GC a side issue to be sure).

Not to throw any confusion into this but at times I have
inadvertently dragged and dropped an entire folder and it has taken
me days to find it again. Spot light shows too many hits and I get
tired of with the process and leave it to the next day. Maybe one of
the suggested replacements for spotlight will work, I have not had a
chance as I am busy busing friends to medical appointments.

Ed