[X4U] New Trojan threatens Macs with installer...

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclifeshow.com
Sun Nov 23 00:08:56 PST 2008

On 11/23/08 4:29 AM, "Randy B. Singer" <randy at macattorney.com> wrote:

>> Wow! That's......from almost 10 years ago. Is that the best
>> evidence you have?
>
> I just did a quick Google search for viruses that quickly spread.
> I'll leave it to you to do the same if you want other examples.

LOL No, I wasn't the one purporting to have evidence. If you want to prove
what you say, *you'll* have to prove it and not expect me to go looking for
proof of it.

So again, if all the evidence you have is an almost ten year old report,
it's not of much use or value.

>> And to others, it appears that Intego is selling snake oil.
>
> Intego isn't going around telling everyone that they all need to have
> AV software.

LOL That's exactly what they are doing.

> There are those
> that feel that just by offering their product and reporting on
> potential threats to the Macintosh as they come up that Intego is
> engaged in some sort of conspiracy.  I think that view is childish.

I agree but that doesn't mean that Intego isn't often been playing Chicken
Little.

> They offer a product and they have to promote it, just like anyone
> else.

Agreed but the way Intego promotes their product is irresponsible at times.

> I'm not an advocate of using AV software.  Just the opposite, I think
> that people who go around telling all Mac users that they need AV
> software are full of it.  But I don't think that a company like
> Intego (which is a Mac-only company, and they make great products)

I agree they are a Mac company. I think their product has, historically,
only been of average quality and limited necessity.

--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer