[X4U] Find not always works

Paul Moortgat paul.moortgat at pandora.be
Sun Nov 23 07:56:43 PST 2008

When I did a comm-f I not always got the right answer.  It just didn't
work.  I used Spotlaser and even with that I could not find it.
Then Jason Wiggins from Spotlaser told me to do this in Terminal:
sudo mdutil -E /
sudo means "super user do", mdutil is the metadata utility, -E means
erase and rebuild index and the / means your main drive (Macintosh HD)
I just now copied it in case you like to use it yourself to rebuild
Spotlight.  That was the culprit.  I always assumed that it's done
automatically but it isn't.
Now everything works.  I can find them all.

Paul Moortgat