[X4U] New Trojan threatens Macs with installer...

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Sun Nov 23 16:27:54 PST 2008

On 11/23/08 11:11 AM, Shawn King wrote:

>> It seems to me that they
>> don't make the news, they just report it.
>
> That can be argued. The example we've been using here is of a "threat" that
> Intego sent out a Press Release regarding and called various members of the
> press to "ensure they had seen the news and would you like to speak to
> someone at Intego regarding this new threat". The threat turned out to be no
> such thing.

I don't care if Intego creates the threat. If they can create it, then
someone else can too, and I'd rather it be the company that can cure it than
one that has to react after the fact.

It's like a using a refrigerator. There are drugs you can take to cure
food-borne illnesses caused by spoilage *after* you become sick, but why
wait to get sick? Why not refrigerate your food and avoid getting sick in
the first place?

What's the problem with guarding against a virus before you get it, rather
than waiting until after? You take a flu shot before flu season starts. Why
not thank a company that offers us virus protection before the virus ever
gets a foothold in the wild?