[X4U] Find not always works

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Nov 25 05:34:18 PST 2008

On 11/23/08 7:56 AM, "Paul Moortgat" <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> sudo means "super user do", mdutil is the metadata utility, -E means
> erase and rebuild index and the / means your main drive

Thanks for the suggestion Paul. I tried this, but Terminal warned me about
the dangers of the sudo command, then wouldn't accept any text input for my
password. I don't know why that happened.

I also tried the shareware utility (Spotless) suggested by Michael Elliott.
It did the trick. Others should note that there are different versions of
this utility for Tiger and Leopard. I didn't investigate why that's the
case, but if you're trying to make Spotlight behave using this tool, you'll
need to make certain you obtain the correct version.

Jim Robertson