[X4U] Find not always works

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Nov 25 06:46:04 PST 2008

On 11/25/08 6:05 AM, "Paul Moortgat" <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> Did you copy the line I mentioned?  I'm using 10.5.5.

Yes, I did (direct copy/paste). I'm on 10.5.5 as well.

I'm on my laptop now, and I get the same behavior. Here's what Terminal
displays after I type the command:

> WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
> or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
> typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.
>
> To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.
>
> Password:

(Unfortunately, even copying the text from Terminal doesn¹t show the block
cursor IMMEDIATELY following the colon at the end of <Password:>. There¹s no
space between the prompt and the cursor, and the cursor isn¹t blinking.
That¹s just what happened on my Mac Pro. I can¹t type anything, but Terminal
still responds to the suggested <Ctrl-C>

Jim Robertson