[X4U] Trouble with .Mac and Firefox

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Oct 2 10:26:07 PDT 2008

> I tried <http://web.mac.com/connerbishop/> in Firefox 3, and get a similar
> but different error message:
>
> You have chosen to open
>
>     which is a: Untyped Binary Data
>     from: http://web.mac.com
>
> Would you like to save this file?
>
> [x]Cancel [ ]Save File (this choice is greyed out totally, so I can't choose
> to save it)
>
> Dunno how to solve it, but it's interesting that it's a DIFFERENT message
> than you're getting.
>
> Mac OS X 10.4.11, Firefox 3.0.3

The error appears to be different if you're running Firefox on Windows, than
if you're running it on the Mac.  The error I had posted was from Windows.

To make things even more interesting it appears that it is something about
the webpage itself, as the rest of the pages for the site currently seem to
work.  I've a couple ideas to try later.

Zane