[X4U] Network settings

Donald Grant oldmacman at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 10:55:28 PDT 2008

A problem has developed on my computer running OS 10.4.11. I am no
longer able to log on to the internet. When I attempt to check my
network preferences, I get the following message "Your network
settings have been changed by another application". When I check the
"OK" button, it freezes the Preference Folder and I have to use
"Forced quit" to get back control of the computer. Anyone have an idea
of what has taken place and how to correct it?

EMac G-4, 1.24 GHZ processor, 512 MB  ram