[X4U] Need Power supply for Dual G4

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Fri Oct 3 07:53:51 PDT 2008

On 10/3/08 9:32 AM, Kansas Territory wrote:

> Wondering if anyone has any suggestions..
> My workhorse.. Dual G4 (mirror door?)  after a brief power outage the
> other night,  try to start it up..  NOTHING happens..  nothing at
> all, nothing turns on.
> I've tried changing outlets, surge protectors, and power cord..
> still nothing happens.
>
> My first thought is maybe the power supply ?
> Haven't changed out a Mac power supply since the Mac II series..
>
> Tried looking for a replacement power supply, most places I've looked
> online list it as OUT of STOCK.    Not to mention expensive..
>
> Anyone have any good suggestions for Mac replacement parts, or if it
> could be something else other than power supply ?

My dear friend in the next town over JUST went through this with her own MDD
1.25GHz G4 -- one of the last built, during that time that Apple
reintroduced them to keep Classic alive for XPress v4 users.

It was indeed her power supply, and it was roughly $300 to fix. She had it
done at the Apple Store locally. The part was available for a bit cheaper,
but putting it in was going to cost what it cost, no matter, so for the same
money she went where parts are almost always available. Repair was done in a
day or two and she was back in business.

~Linda