[X4U] Need Power supply for Dual G4

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 20:19:44 PDT 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Linda wrote:
> -------------------SNIP-------------------------------------------
> My dear friend in the next town over JUST went through this with
> her own MDD
> 1.25GHz G4 -- one of the last built, during that time that Apple
> reintroduced them to keep Classic alive for XPress v4 users.
>
> It was indeed her power supply, and it was roughly $300 to fix. She
> had it
> done at the Apple Store locally. The part was available for a bit
> cheaper,
> but putting it in was going to cost what it cost, no matter, so for
> the same
> money she went where parts are almost always available. Repair was
> done in a
> day or two and she was back in business.
>
> ~Linda

This item is OFF TOPIC but years and years ago (15?) I had a IBM PC
and my power supply went and I ordered another one. I am *NOT*
mechanically inclined.
I popped out the old one and put the new one in reconnected 1 or 2
cables and powered it back up. All in less that 15 minutes. Ever
since then I was never afraid to touch the "workings" inside a PC.
Mac on the other hand, I have a friend who did a CPU upgrade and it
went OK but failed after 6 or so months. I have looked inside a bit
on my G5 and would be afraid to touch anything.

Ed