[X4U] Dual Boot (PPC/Intel) Firewire HD?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Oct 3 15:49:44 PDT 2008

> On Oct 3, 2008, at 11:45 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to install Mac OS X on an external Firewire HD such
> > that you
> > can boot either a PPC or an Intel-based Mac?  I want to build a new
> > utility
> > disk that I can use to boot any of my families Mac's and run various
> > utilities against them.
>

> Check out MicroMat Protogo for making your own universal bootable
> device and adding your favorite utilities:

<http://www.micromat.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=184&Itemid

If I didn't already own a copy of TechTool 4, such a product would be great!
I'm basically looking for instructions on how to go about setting up a Hard
Drive that can be used to boot either a PPC or Intel-based Mac.  I already
own copies of the Utilities that I want to install on the HD.

Zane