[X4U] Dual Boot (PPC/Intel) Firewire HD?

Andrew J. Yon III ayon3rd at mac.com
Fri Oct 3 16:08:43 PDT 2008

Yes, but in order to do so, you must partition the drive into at least
two partitions. You will need one for the intel and one for the PPC.
The two formats are different and neither type computer will boot to
the other normally.

You will need to install the OS on each partition with the
corresponding computer type for its partition.

I used an old 40 GB drive set up like this to create myself an
emergency boot and utility drive for my Macbook and PPC Macs. I
installed Leopard on on partition for the Intels and installed Tiger
on the other for the PPCs. I also installed various utilities like
TTpro 4, Drive Genious, DiskWarrior, and etc, on it.

3