[X4U] Network settings

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Mon Oct 6 07:26:49 PDT 2008

On 10/6/08 3:02 AM, Jerry K wrote:

> I have worked with OS X since the 10.0 betas, and can't say that I have
> ever done a repair permissions.
>
> What has repair permissions fixed for you?

I don't have many problems, so I don't do it often -- couple times a year. I
don't know if it by itself fixes anything, or only enhances a better fix,
but I see it's often recommended. I think many of us are able to offer
advice to people on how to fix thing without having had the problem
ourselves, no?

Apple recommends using Disk Utility to check for disk errors and permission
issues: <http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1388> -- about halfway down the page.

I was mostly focused on Safe Boot, but knew if I didn't mention repair
permissions, someone else would. :)

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1452>
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963>

Sometimes OS updates repair permissions for you, as listed in this Apple
Article: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25631>

What was the fix to your problem?

~Linda