[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Mon Oct 6 18:24:51 PDT 2008

On 10/6/08 7:15 PM, Aron S.Spencer wrote:

>> . I'm told it's cumbersome to deal with attachments -- and I do that
>> every day, many times a day.
>
> False. Dealing with attachments is easy.

Reading up the thread, not everyone agrees that this is easy.

>> I'm told I have to undertake an extra step to move mail to an "on my Mac"
>> folder, and POP does that for me  automagically -- no extra "move" on my part
>> required (I have automatic filing into  at least 30 different folders; if I
>> have to judge each incoming mail's  content and do that by hand, I'd scream).
>
> False. Mail will maintain a local copy of the mail.

So there's a copy of all mail on the computer AND a copy of the mail in an
IMAP mailbox(es)? Two copies of every email on every computer?

You say "Mail"; Mail is only one of three email clients I used daily. Was
looking for facts about IMAP in general, rather than individual email
clients, if that's possible?