[X4U] Damn Comcast

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 20:27:47 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:27 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Aron S.Spencer wrote:
>
>> Comcast blocks port 25 for everyone, not just you.
>>

>>> I'm running Tiger, but at least in this version, in Mail's
>>> Preferences under the Accounts category, and the Account
>>> Information tab for your account, there is at the bottom a button
>>> labeled Server Settings. That button takes you to a window where
>>> you can change the SMTP server. You should change it to port 587.
>

> I have Comcast, and I'm using Mail.app as my e-mail client.  I just
> checked, and it is set to port 25.  Despite that, I am not
> experiencing any problem sending or receiving e-mail.  A couple of
> weeks ago I got the prompt to put in my user name and password that
> everyone else got, but just hitting Cancel back then caused my e-
> mail to be delivered.

Randy:

In the beginning (when I started up with COMCAST) I was neutral. Over
the last two years I have become annoyed with them on so many issues
I won't waste the groups time listing them. I  have had several email
issues which finally got me to the point of past being annoyed but
not to the point of quitting. Their "support" is almost non
existence. Just one example was a bouncing email issue and after much
talk they decided it was my "server" problem... HUH???!!! oh yes they
were to dispatch an expert and of course it would cost me $$. Their
almost non existent support for the MAC is almost infamous. I will
not leave a technical person alone in the room with my computer as I
have heard first hand horror reports from at least two people (both
having MACS). The last and greatest reply from them after an email
outage was well they schedule outages at their will and damn the
customer. I wrote a email to a VP complaining that they should at
least post on a web site when planned outages are going to happen.  I
got back an answer that was well typical "BIG MOTHER" "You will live
with what we give you and stop complaining".

I will stop now venting on COMCAST. If I had san alternative I would
use them.

Ed