[X4U] Damn Comcast

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Oct 7 02:11:16 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 8:27 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

>> On Oct 6, 2008, at 5:15 PM, Aron S.Spencer wrote:
>>
>>> Comcast blocks port 25 for everyone, not just you.

>> Randy B. Singer said:
>>
>> I have Comcast, and I'm using Mail.app as my e-mail client.  I
>> just checked, and it is set to port 25.  Despite that, I am not
>> experiencing any problem sending or receiving e-mail.  A couple of
>> weeks ago I got the prompt to put in my user name and password
>> that everyone else got, but just hitting Cancel back then caused
>> my e-mail to be delivered.
>>

> Randy:
>
> I will stop now venting on COMCAST. If I had san alternative I
> would use them.
>
> Ed

Ranting at me was unnecessary, Ed.  I wasn't saying that Comcast is a
wonderful service.  I was just responding to the assertion that
Comcast blocks port 25 for everyone.  Clearly they aren't blocking it
on my service.

Just another data point.

My understanding from another list is that the current problem is due
to a timing issue between Comcast's servers and Mail.app sending out
your password.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html