[X4U] Damn Comcast

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 20:08:48 PDT 2008

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:11 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>> ------------------SNIP----------------------------
>> Ed
>

> Ranting at me was unnecessary, Ed.  I wasn't saying that Comcast is
> a wonderful service.  I was just responding to the assertion that
> Comcast blocks port 25 for everyone.  Clearly they aren't blocking
> it on my service.
>
> Just another data point.
>
> My understanding from another list is that the current problem is
> due to a timing issue between Comcast's servers and Mail.app
> sending out your password.

I am sorry you took that as ranting at "you". It was not meant for
you but as a person that is just plain fed up at ISP's, especially
ones that think MAC is an "evil" OS that must be accommodated  but as
a "thing" that can only be tolerated if they hold their feet to the
flame.

Your reply is just another example of this. It would be nice if they
(COMCAST) would at least talk with the APPLE people to see where the
problem lies.

Ed