[X4U] Can Apple's Mail pick up GMail?

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Oct 7 04:09:39 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 12:38:11AM CDT, Wendy S. Austin <wendy_austin at mac.com> wrote:

>>> False. Dealing with attachments is easy.
>>
>> Reading up the thread, not everyone agrees that this is easy.
>
> I switched to IMAP about a year ago and have not noticed any difference
> with how it handles attachments compared to my previous POP account.

IMAP and POP deal with how messages are stored, transferred, maintained, etc.
They don't deal with what's inside messages, e.g. attachments; that's the job
of the mail client, e.g. Mail.app, Outlook, Entourage, Thunderbird, Eudora,
Pegasus Mail (for you older-timers).

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/