[X4U] Damn Comcast

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 22:53:12 PDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:23 PM, David Brostoff wrote:

> At 6:32 PM -0500 on 10/8/08, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> Heheh you have not had the pleasure of attempting to speak to
>> COMCAST support. Clueless is a place to start.
>
> Actually, as I mentioned in my previous message, I have spoken with
> them on more than one occasion. At first I had very low
> expectations, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Only one
> representative was unable to solve a problem I had, but I later
> called back and got someone else who went well out of her way to
> help me.
>
> Of course your problem may have been more technically demanding
> than mine.
>
> David

When a support person says yp me that "MY" email server was causing
"MY" email to bounce it was plain he was clueless. Dissecting his
statement should be enough to give you an idea what kind of people
inhabit COMCAST. How about this one. "How much longer is the email
server going to be down?" COMCAST ANSWER "whenever they are done",
question: "when is that supposed to happen?" Answer: "When it is back
up you will be able to get you email". Question "where do they post
their scheduled outages for EMAIL?"  Amswer: "On the wall near the
desk oh yea and sometime they tell us".
Sign its hopeless, IMO.

Ed