[X4U] Damn Comcast

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 17:56:58 PDT 2008

>On Oct 9, 2008, at 1:17 PM, richardstoddard at mac.com wrote:
>
>>>Since you say you have been using port 587, I am not sure why you
>>>are having a problem, though.
>

>How about someone detailing the steps to changing the port # in
>Mail.app?  Seems like the 'secure' thing to do...?

I already did that once, at least for Tiger, but I can do it again.
Open Mail.app.
Go to Mail menu, choose Preferences. Choose the Accounts category.
In Accounts, select your account at the left.  Then choose the
Account Information tab.

At the bottom of that pane, see, in the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)"
section, click the "Server Settings" button.  In there, you can
choose the Server port.

Daly