[X4U] Damn Comcast

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Fri Oct 10 06:29:44 PDT 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

>> How about someone detailing the steps to changing the port # in
>> Mail.app?  Seems like the 'secure' thing to do...?
>
> I already did that once, at least for Tiger, but I can do it again.
> Open Mail.app.
> Go to Mail menu, choose Preferences. Choose the Accounts category.
> In Accounts, select your account at the left.  Then choose the
> Account Information tab.
>
> At the bottom of that pane, see, in the "Outgoing Mail Server
> (SMTP)" section, click the "Server Settings" button.  In there, you
> can choose the Server port.

Hi Daly, I should have mentioned I'm getting into this thread late.
In Loepard's Mail 3.5, when I navigate to Preferences/Accounts/Charter/
SMTP Server/Edit Server List/Advanced, the option to use the default
ports (25, 465, 587) is already ticked.  Do I need to choose "Use
Custom port" and enter 587?  What about "Use SSL" and "Authentication"?

--
Later,
Charles