[X4U] Book Indexing Software?

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Fri Oct 10 07:30:10 PDT 2008

On 10/10/08 9:19 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> I was asked the following question the other day and I haven't a
> clue.  Of course the software the person is talking about ran on DOS.
> Any ideas?

There's indexing software out there. CINDEX is the one I hear referred to
most often on the publishing lists to which I subscribe.
<http://www.asindexing.org/site/software.shtml>

No substitute for the real thing -- that being people who know what to look
for, doing it -- but handy tools nonetheless. I'm not sure that any software
does *everything* your friend is looking for, though -- in my experience
there are no substitutes for some human intervention at some stages of the
process. YMMV; after 24 years in the publishing biz, I realized recently I
am a curmudgeon.

~Linda