[X4U] Trying to get a Mac Laptop approved - Part 3

Ken Schneider ken at schneider.net
Thu Oct 16 11:33:09 PDT 2008

-- Continued from Part 2 --

- If a machine problem occurs I have no way or trying to re-create
that issue because your machine is unique to our company. With
everyone using Dell and XP, it's a company standard and therefore can
test and resolve user issues without user downtime. If you use a
unique Mac, we have no other platform to test issues.

- Allowing a unique president may result in other issues with other
employees.

- Our experience of running dual operating systems suggests they do
not work. Users are unlikely to switch between them because of the
time required from shutting down programs, shutting down OS,
rebooting, logging in etc.

I am happy to discuss these reasons in depth if required but overall
it does not make business sense for individual users to run unique set-
ups. Standardisation is the best course for all involved and unless a
real significant business need can be shown I cannot deviate from the
company standard IT strategy.

-- The End --