[X4U] Installing Leopard from a different machine on a new external HD

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Sat Oct 18 16:11:21 PDT 2008

On 10/18/08 1:54 PM, David R. Boag, DDS wrote:

> Also, I need recommendations for a 500GB external HD. I'd like it to
> have eSATA and FW800 but it's not mission critical right now, but I'll
> just bet in the next couple of years we're gonna see eSATA on Macs.

Other World Computing has quad-interface external disk drives (Mercury AL
Elite). I recently purchased two bare drives -- 500 GB Seagates -- and
bought two of OWC's empty quad-interface enclosures. VERY quiet, fanless, me
happy.

If you can open the LaCie case, you can pop a new disk in there for much
less than a whole new disk/enclosure combo.

~Linda