[X4U] Installing Leopard from a different machine on a newexternalHD

David R. Boag, DDS spikedds at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 18 19:45:43 PDT 2008

My responses below

> If you can get the case open, just get whatever kind of hard disk is in
> there. Might be IDE, might be ATA. Not all cases are openable, though.
>
> Which model of LaCie 500GB?

d2. Openable, because I just did it. Inside is a Samsung 500MB 7200 RPM Serial ATA drive. Looks like it should be an easy swaperoo. Now to get the internal. Gotta decide whether going to a 1TB drive is worth it.

> Congrats on the birth of your son. :)

Yep, we're pumped! I have two girls who are now 8 and 4. First boy! WOOHOO!!

David R. Boag, DDS