[X4U] can't save html file being viewed by browser

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 23 11:22:41 PDT 2008

I thought I'd help my web page workflow by "proofing" my page with
Safari on another Mac on my ethernet network.
This way, I can have the browser window fully open on the proofing Mac,
and the code window fully open on the authoring Mac.

It works pretty well except that sometimes, when I try to save my code
file (text wrangler) I get a warning of some OS X error, and that the
document is being used by another application. I do not always get this
error/warning.

Is there something I can do to stop this from happening? I don't feel
that a browser looking at a web page is the same kind of "use" as say,
having an InDesign doc opened on one Mac on a network, then trying to
open and work on the same doc on another Mac on the same network.

To me, the difference, is that Safari isn't going to write to the code
document.

Any suggestions?

thank you!

zapcat