[X4U] Power Saver for screen not working intermittantly

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 12:57:54 PDT 2008

I am at 10.4.11 and leave my monitor on all the time. I have it set
up to blank the screen after 5 minutes of inactivity.
There was a small Apple update (which did not update the 10.4.11
version last week).
Ever since then my screen does not blank out all the time after 5
minutes of inactivity. It does this only *SOMETIMES*.
I have no new devices on my system and really no new software (OEM)
except maybe Graphic Convertor  and that has been changing almost
every every other week to fix some bug or another.
Has anyone experienced this and if so how did they fix this?
My memory is hazy about the Apple update other than *MAYBE* it was a
something to do with ITUNES(8.0.11 if it makes any difference).

My system has been pretty stable for about 6 months and like I said
no new hardware and the issue seems to have started in the last week
or so.
Anyone?

Ed